This year the Marine Response Team will be hosting two major Plastic Free July Events.
A Plastic Free Evening to bring to you a night of workshops, discussion and support for your plastic free journey.
Plastic Free July went off with a bang the last two years as scores of Far North Queenslanders pledged to break old habits by choosing to refuse single-use plastic, and we are doing it again.
- The evening will be divided into three hours.
1. Our first Workshop we will be introducing Carmel from No Waste, No Worries. Carmel is a Cairns local who has transitioned to a plastic free life. Carmel has a wealth of knowledge to share and will give you an insight into her journey and tips and tricks on what you can do.
2. The second workshop we will be taking out our beeswax, ironing boards and graters, and get hands-on making Beeswax Wraps with you. You will each get to take your own beeswax wrap home with you!
3. The last part our evening is designed to bring us all together to share stories, discuss ways we can continue to reduce our plastic consumption, and how we can keep fighting against the problem. Bring along any plastic dilemmas you have and as a group we can share solutions!
Plastic Free food, tea and coffee will be provided throughout the evening.
Thanks to the support and generosity of The Source Bulk Foods for providing delicious snacks.
FREE event, places are limited! Head to Eventbrite to register your name.
We look forward to seeing you for this wonderful evening planned!
An event supported by:
Cairns Regional Council
Cairns and Far North Environment Centre
The Source Bulk Foods
Cafnec Marine Response Team
Plastic Free FNQ
No Waste, No Worries
Plastic Free July
This month we’re shaking up Cairns Green Drinks into a Plastic Free July special event not to be missed!
We’ll be running the usual Green Drinks agenda (free yummy food, drinks by donation, tunes and interesting folk) but with an added Plastic Free July flair:
– Plastic Free made food
– Demonstration of how you can run events plastic free
– Find out how you can join our Plastic Free network and keep the momentum going!
What is Green Drinks?
Cairns Green Drinks is an informal, monthly social event for people who care about conservation, sustainability and all things environment ran at the Cairns and Far North Environment Centre (CAFNEC). Hosted on the last Friday of every month the idea is for anyone interested to come along, relax and enjoy some good company. The aim of Cairns Green Drinks is to encourage networking, creativity and thought on environmental issues and projects. Green Drinks are agenda-free, non-politically aligned and everyone is welcome.
Free yummy nibbles are provided and drinks are available by donation.
Friday 27th July
5.30 pm – 7.00 pm
At CAFNEC 27-29 Greenslopes St, North Cairns.
Check out the FB Event : https://www.facebook.com/events/219764722168339/
We hope to see you there 🙂